%= stylesheet_link_tag 'application', media: "all" %>
Welcome to Fanum®, a service provided by Fanum, a Delaware corporation, (“Fanum”, “we”, “our”, “us”).
Information we collect about you
We collect personal information about you from various sources:
Information provided by you
You don’t need to provide us with any personal information in order to visit the Website. However, certain Services do require that you register for a Fanum account and, by doing so, you will provide us with certain personal information:
- Profile Information: You may choose, at your discretion, to provide additional information for your public profile on Fanum – for example:
- Your real name
- A user name (which may be your real name or a pseudonym)
- The city and country in which you live
- A profile picture or avatar
- Information about how you categorize yourself with respect to your content (for example, whether you are a musician, a label or some other category of creator)
- Details of your other websites and social media profiles, including links to those websites and profiles
**None of this profile information is mandatory, and any information you do provide may be deleted, edited, changed or amended by you at any time.
- Information from Correspondence: You will provide certain personal information if you contact us by email, use any of the web forms on the Website, or contact us by mail, fax or other offline means.
- Survey Information: If you participate in any survey, you will provide certain personal information as part of your response, unless you respond anonymously.
- Information that you post: You may provide personal information when you post comments, or contribute to community discussions.
Information we collect automatically
There is certain information that we collect automatically as the result of your use of the Platform, or through the use of web analytics services as described in our Cookies Policy. This information includes:
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device from which you access the Platform (this can sometimes be used to derive the country or city from which you are accessing the Platform)
- The site that you visited immediately prior to visiting the Website
- The specific actions that you take on the Platform, including the pages that you visit, streaming or downloading sounds, uploading or recording sounds, connecting your Facebook or Google+ account, sharing a track with another user, following or unfollowing another user, joining or leaving a group, posting a comment, or performing a search
- Any search terms that you may enter on the Website
- Your browser type and operating system
- The nature of the device from which you are accessing the Platform, for example, whether you are accessing the Platform from a personal computer or from a mobile device
- Information collected through cookies and similar technology, as described in our Cookies Policy
- Information regarding your interaction with email messages, for example, whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded the email message
- Any picks that you make as a tastemaker
How we use your personal information
We use the information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- Your email address and password are used to identify you when you log into the Platform.
- Any additional information that you provide as part of your public profile, such as your real name, and links to your website and other social media profiles (but not your email address), will be published on your profile page. This information will be publicly accessible and may be viewed by anyone accessing the Website, or using our API or other Services. Please bear this in mind when considering whether to provide any additional information about yourself.
- Your email address will be used to send you service updates and notifications regarding your account, and (if you have elected to receive them using your account preferences) newsletters, marketing messages and certain email notifications.
Your personal information is also used for the following general purposes:
- To operate and maintain your Fanum account, and to provide you with access to the Website and use of the Apps and any Services that you may request from time to time.
- For Tastemakers: To identify you as the creator of the sounds that you upload, the picks that you award to musicians, the comments that you post and/or the other contributions that you make to the Platform.
- To seek your participation in surveys, and to conduct and analyze the results of those surveys if you choose to participate.
- To provide you with technical support
- To provide other users with data regarding people streaming and downloading their sounds.
- To analyze the use of the Platform, and the people visiting the Website and using the Apps and Services, in order to improve Fanum.
- To respond to you about any comment or enquiry you have submitted.
- To customize your use of the Platform and/or the content of any email newsletter or other material that we may send to you from time to time.
- For other purposes, provided we disclose this to you at the relevant time, and provided that you agree to the proposed use of your personal information.
Sharing of your personal information
- Artists: Artists will not be able to interact with Tastemakers directly on fanum.fm.
- Tastemakers: Tastemakers will have the ability to “Headphone” an artist, write a review, and comment.
- Other Users: Any personal information in your public profile (other than your email address) will be accessible by other users of the Platform, who may view your profile information, listen to and comment on any of your public sounds, add themselves to your list of followers, and send you messages. If you listen to any sounds uploaded by a premium user, the fact that you have listened to those sounds will be shared with that premium user, so that they can track the popularity of their sounds. Similarly, if you comment on any sounds on the Platform, your comments will be available to all users of the Platform.
- With your consent: We will disclose your personal information if you have explicitly agreed that we may do so. We will make this clear to you at the point at which we collect your information.
- Service Providers: We use certain reputable third parties, to provide us with certain specialized services related to the Platform. These third parties will have access to certain information about you, but only where this is necessary in order for those third parties to provide their services to us. Where we transfer personal information to these third parties, we ask and require these third parties to implement appropriate organizational and technical security measures to protect against unauthorized disclosure of personal information, and only to process personal information in accordance with our instructions and to the extent necessary to provide their services to us.
- Other networks and connected apps: If you choose to connect your Fanum account to other apps or social networks such as Facebook, Google+, Tumblr or Twitter, you will be sharing certain information with these apps or networks. In the case of Facebook, Google+, Tumblr or Twitter, any new public sounds that you post or listen to on Fanum or any new favorites will be shared to those networks and will be visible to your followers and friends on those networks. In the case of connected apps, you will need to provide the app developer with full access to your Fanum account in order to upload and download sounds, or comment on, favorite or repost sounds from within the app. This will mean sharing your public information, plus access to your private sounds. Fanum is not responsible for these other apps or networks, so please make sure you only connect your account with apps or services that you trust.
- As aggregated data: We may aggregate your personal data with similar data relating to other users of the Platform in order to create statistical information regarding the Platform and its use, which we may then share with third parties or make publicly available. However, none of this information would include any email address or other contact information, or anything that could be used to identify you individually, either online or in real life.
- If required by law: We will disclose your personal information if we believe in good faith that we are permitted or required to do so by law, including in response to a court order, subpoena or other legal demand or request.
- To protect our interests: We may disclose your personal information if we feel this is necessary in order to protect or defend our legitimate rights and interests, or those of our users, employees, directors or shareholders, and/or to ensure the safety and security of the Platform and/or the Fanum community.
- In the context of a business transfer: We may transfer your personal information to any person or company that acquires all or substantially all of the assets or business of Fanum, or on a merger of our business, or in the event of our insolvency.
Cookies and similar technology
Picks by Tastemakers
Any information about selections made about Uploaders will be collected and displayed to other users.
Deleting your account
You can delete your account from the Account page within your Settings on the Website at any time. You are advised to copy or back up all content uploaded to your account before you delete your account. Even if you delete your Fanum account, it is possible that your information may still show up in some internet search results for a short while afterwards, if the search engine maintains a temporary cache of web pages. Search engines' caching processes are outside of Fanum’s control and therefore we cannot be responsible for any information that remains cached by search engines after that information has been removed from the Platform.
Access to your Data
Most of the personal information you provide to us can be accessed and updated in the Settings page of your Fanum account. If you wish to access, amend or delete any other personal information we hold about you, or if you have any objection to the processing of any information that we hold about you, please contact us at email@example.com, or the address provided below.
If you ask us to delete your account (either via the Settings page or by email), we will do so within a reasonable period of time, but we may need to retain some of your personal information in order to satisfy our legal obligations, or where we have a legitimate reason for doing so.
Fanum is not intended for use by children. Anyone between the ages of 14–17 must have parental or legal guardian consent to use Fanum and its services. Anyone under the age of 13 is not permitted to use the Platform and must not attempt to register an account or submit any personal information to us. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from any person who is under the age of 13 or allow them to register an account. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from a person under the age of 13, we will delete this information as quickly as possible. If you have reason to believe that we may have collected any such data, please notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
132 W 112th Street
New York, NY 10026
Attn: Copyright Team
Wednesday, February 1st 2017